Summer Production Internship
We are seeking a responsible, motivated, and creative individual for a Summer 2014 internship position at our office in New York.
The intern will work closely with our video production team, and will assist with all steps of the production process.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a current college student or recent graduate.
- Have a passion for news, journalism, documentaries, film, and/or education.
- Take initiative and work independently.
- Prior experience in video or web production and with Final Cut Pro is a plus!
The Production Intern will:
- Find, review, and summarize background research for topics in development.
- Fact check scripts.
- Log interviews and review field footage.
- Assist in media management duties.
Interns will receive a weekly food/transportation stipend, and will work 20-30 hours a week. Scheduling can be flexible.
About Learning Matters:
Learning Matters Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit production company focused on education. Founded by Peabody award-winning journalist John Merrow, we produce reports for PBS NewsHour as well as full-length documentaries. We’re focused on telling unique stories and contributing to the educational dialogue in America.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter (required) and resume to email@example.com. Please use ‘[Your Name]: Production Intern’ as the subject line.
NOTE: Information you supply on this page will only be used to send this email. We request your name and email address so that the person you are recommending the page to knows that you wanted them to see it, and that it is not junk mail. All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.